Cooler Master has been known for their line of AiO coolers for quite some time now and, even though they’ve got a pretty wide selection already available, they constantly seem to come out with something new. A perfect example of this is seen with their new Nepton Series of liquid CPU coolers where they are 140mm class units, yet they can accomodate 140mm or 120mm fans. Our friends at Cooler Master sent us one of these new Nepton 140XL to throw on the bench and check out.
About the Nepton 140XL:
“The Nepton 140XL is Cooler Master’s latest watercooling kit that aims to bring watercooling to the next level. Nepton 140XL is using CM exclusive designed pump with effective waterblock. It has thicker and longer tubing for upgraded performance. In addition, dual JetFlo 140 fans + 38mm thick radiator also provide great cooling ability for over 300Watt heat dissipation, which enable user to overclock CPU to maximum performance.” – Cooler Master
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Nepton 140XL is using a pump that is designed exclusively for CM. It features a highly effective water block and thick and long tubing for high performance cooling.
- CM Designed pump and water block that ensure the best water flow and system performance.
- Robust & Extra Thick FEP Tubing is strong and durable for deployment in a 280mm radiator installation. FEP tubing also prevents moisture absorption.
- New UltraFine Microchannel is designed for the best water flow and draws the maximum amount of heat away from cold plate and transfers it to the coolant.
- JetFlo 140 creates powerful airflow and pressure. The rubber pads on the four edges reduce vibrations and noise.
- Unique LED illumination on the water block lens
|CPU Socket||Intel LGA 2011 / 1366 / 1150 /1155 / 1156 / 775|
AMD Socket FM2 / FM1 / AM3+ / AM3 / AM2
|Dimension||75 x 69.8 x 49.1 mm ( 3 x 2.7 x 1.9 inch )|
|Radiator Dimensions||171 x 139 x 38 mm ( 6.7 x 5.5 x 1.5 inch )|
|Fan Dimension||140 x 140 x 25 mm ( 5.9 x 5.9 x 1 inch )|
|Fan Speed||800~2000 RPM (PWM) ± 10%|
|Fan Airflow||54~122.5 CFM ± 10%|
|Fan Air Pressure||0.7~3.5 mm H2O ± 10%|
|Fan Life Expectancy||40,000 hours|
|Fan Noise Level (dB-A)||21~39 dBA|
|Bearing Type||Rifle bearing|
|Fan Rated Voltage||12 VDC|
|Fan Rated Current||0.3A|
|Pump Life Expectancy||70,000 hrs|
|Pump Noise||<25 dBA|
|Pump Rated Voltage||12 VDC|
Now that we’ve covered the basics we can go ahead and check out the cooler!
PACKAGING AND UNBOXING
The Nepton 140XL comes packaged in a large full-color box with styling similar to that of most of Cooler Master’s AiO packaging. The front shows an image of the cooler and lists a few key features.
The left end of the box lists all of the specifications, while the right side and back displayed only an image of the pump/block assembly and Cooler Master contact information in several languages.
Once you take everything out of the tray and unwrap it you’ll have a pile of parts like we have here. Let’s take a closer look at the Nepton 140XL now.