Xigmatek is a name that has been around for a few years now making everything from CPU coolers to power supplies to fans to cases. Xigmatek has always made cases with unique styling that sets them apart from everyone else. Their latest release is no different. The Aquila is a small cube-like case that will hold a Micro-ATX or Mini-ITX system and boasts some unique features. Xigmatek was kind enough to send one over for us to check out so let’s get to it!
A little about the Aquila from Xigmatek:
“In 2013 Xigmatek completely redesigned the traditional look of the small form factor chassis and added unbeatable style and performance to something which was so simple looking. Usually for a micro-ATX, mini-ITX chassis the exterior design is straight forward and non eye catching. We wanted to change the industry’s perspective on small form factor chassis and build something that everyone can enjoy! The base of the chassis is elevated at the front which provides extra intake airflow. Unlike other micro-ITX chassis he interior can support up to micro-ATX giving you the selection to use SLI or Crossfire in your build, not to mention being able to fit full length top of the range gaming VGA cards. Also a added feature is to use a full ATX power supply instead of a SFX PSU. The handles on the top are not only there for looks, they can support the weight of a full gaming build. We know that recently smaller form factor builds are becoming more popular. With real estate rates rising and room size depleting, we understand it is necessary to cut down on space. Aquila is a chassis that no matter the situation, it can serve you well” – Xigmatek
Let’s check out the features and specifications for the Aquila now.
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Includes pre-installed high performance silent Xigmatek XOF white fan with FCB (Fluid Circulative Bearing) for ultimate exhaust capabilities.
- Easy to access side I/ O panel includes 2 x Super-Speed USB 3.0, HD Audio In/Out jacks, HD light.
- Capable of mounting Micro ATX, mini-ITX Motherboards.
- Innovative 3.5“/2.5” Internal x 2 (tool-free retainers) + 2.5” Internal x 2 (tool-free retainers).
- Slim design with heavy duty handles for when you are on the move.
- Standard P/S2 ATX/EPS power supply units on downside space with anti-vibration rubber.
- Can mount up to 330mm full length Gaming Graphic cards
- Thick side panels makes the chassis strong and secure.
- Quick release top mesh cover for easy access of top fans / radiator.
- Add-on card slot X 4 allows SLI / Crossfire
- Pre drilled water tubing holes
|Dimension||(L) 390 x (H) 403x (W) 265mm|
|Drive Bay||5.25″ External x 1 (tool-free retainers)
3.5“/2.5” Internal x 2 (tool-free retainers)
2.5” Internal x 2(tool-free retainers
|Expansion Slot||4 slots, tool free PCI slot covers (330mm support)|
|Motherboard Support||Micro ATX
|Power Supply||Standard P/S2(ATX) or EPS|
|Cooling System||Front Fan: 120mm or 140mm or 200mm fans optional
Rear Fan: One 120mm/140mm fan
Preinstalled one 120mm silent Xigmatek XOF white fan
Top Fan: Two 120/140mm fans optional
|I/O Panel||USB 3.0 x 2, HD Audio in/out jacks|
|Max Graphic card Length||330mm|
Let’s move along and take a look at the packaging for the Aquila.
PACKAGING AND UNBOXING
Xigmatek packaged the Aquila in a large glossy full-color box. The front shows an image of the case, the name, Xigmatek logo and lists the features.
The right side of the case shows both the white and black versions and check boxes for which version is in the box and whether or not a PSU is included. Under that is the specifications table we looked at earlier.
The back side of the box lists all the dimensions and has several detail shots of key features.