Today BIOSTAR has released their new micro ATX motherboard, the A88MQ. The A88MQ is based on the new AMD FM2+ socket design and supports AMD Multi-Core processors. On top of that, the motherboard also features the AMD A88X Chipset, 4 DIMM slots that allow for RAM expandability up to 64GB, SATA 3 6Gb/s ports, and support for AMD dual graphics technology.
The new motherboard is geared to be a fully-loaded with features, which are all packed into a small form factor. BIOSTAR has noted that the A88MQ will feature their 6+ Experience. BIOSTAR’s 6+ Experience includes Audio+, Video+, Speed+, Protection+, Durability+, and DIY+. What does all that really mean?
- Audio+: Extensive audio features that include true Blu-Ray Audio and SPDIF out
- Video+: Full 3D HDMI 1080p support, with Dual-Link DVI port for resolutions up to 2560×1600
- Speed+: Includes features such as SmartSpeedLan, which monitors and manages your PC’s network behaviour, as well as Charger Booster that charges your iPad/iPhone faster and more efficiently.
- Protection+: The motherboard features electrostatic discharge protection for your I/O panel, as well as USB Polyswitch that is a dedicated onboard fuse to prevent USB port power failures, and to protect your system and removable device.
- Durability+: The motherboard is built with high quality components and hardware, such as the capacitors, that are made to withstand over-clocking.
- DIY+: The motherboard features it’s own UEFI BIOS, as well as BIO-Remote 2 for a better home entertainment environment. The A88MQ also comes equipped with Rapid Debug 2, which is six onboard LED indicators that will let you know errors that may be preventing system boot.
For more information on the new BIOSTAR motherboard, the A88MQ, please visit their website.